View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 11:03 PM

Thanks, Jason.

This car looks to be fairly well taken care of. I've seen enough junkyard cars to get an idea of when someone had a clue about taking care of a vehicle. Looking under the valve cover, I don't see a lot of gunk/sludge and the engine compartment is fairly clean as well. The interior was clean too.

One never knows why a vehicle was parked, or sold as in this case. People stop driving cars for all sorts of reasons. I once bought an '82 260 that only had 70K on it because it was the wife's car and one day it wouldn't start (dead battery) so she drove their other car. Her husband worked offshore and his honey do list was always too long to get to the car, so it sat around for about ten years until I found it on Craigslist

One thing that I noticed is that the wing harness suffers from wire rot as do most of the pre-'88 cars, so that may have been a factor in why it wasn't driven any more, specifically the glow plug relay's wiring was shot.

I am curious to know if I can use the 760 bellhousing in a 240. A fair number of guys vertically mount Volvo gas engines the 240's to get more room for the turbo/piping, so I'm thinking it may work.