View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 06:17 AM

Quite offtopic, but there's quite plenty of room under LT "hood", the passenger seat sits directly on the plastic engine cover. LT n/a manifold is quite high and has long runners, and as I know, there's only one type of them. It's supposedly higher than any Volvo OEM manifold. BTW - n/a d24 LT -84 car hauling truck with 3 passengers and 800kg race car on top - it takes about 1min 30sec to get to 100kph

I have a friend who's cutted LT n/a manifold and welded it into 4-cyl, then cutted the runners and added few aluminium straight and 45 degrees pipes to them to go directly over valve cover, and then attached to some bike's throttle bodies. That's gas engine of course.

Another of my friends cutted the LT manifold onto Seat td, had headwork, methanol injection (with ordinary glass cleaner fluid!), Garrett GT2xxx something turbo, modified VE pump etc. That made 200+ hp and was fun to race with my '87 911 on the 1/4 mile strip - 911 had one second lower ET (15.2 for the seat) but the same end speed 159kph