View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Interesting... unscrewing the plug wasn't the issue for me, but without leaving the buss bar on there, how do you get the plug in and out of the hole? There was no way i could get my hand in there from any direction. Leaving the buss bar on was the trick I was told and it worked pretty well I thought... No other way I could see to get ahold of the plug and actually be able to get the threads started.
Not difficult. When laying in that position and undoing it with your left hand, ehrn you thread it out just grab with your fingertips, starting it in , just hold it in fingertips and poke it in and give a few light twists to get it startedm then pot the gearwrench on. I have the worst kind of crippling arthritis ( . the reason I finally had to close my shop heck, I can't even open a pop bottle without pliers anymore), so if I can do it, anyone can. Coming in from the passenger side puts your hand in just the right position to do it all. Trying to get it from the drivers side reaching over the pump or from the front is impossible. Just don;t bend that way.