View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 05:23 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
I'm planning to finally remove the head of the 1981 this weekend.
Here's a trick I learned after breaking a head bolt while trying to remove it:
Before attempting to unscrew them, give them a good direct hit with a heavy hammer and a good punch that fits into the bolt head recess without interfering with the "teeth." To help break up the bond that may be holding the threads to the block. Also, for the stubborn ones, try working the bolt back and forth in small amounts, like when tapping threads. Trust me, you don't want to break one of those bolts!

Quote:
The edge of injector hole is broken off/ chipped off very badly. Cyl #6. Injector wont thread in since half or more is missing. Someone mistreated this motor or just hD bad luck while fixing. Or tinkering.
That can happen when you're not careful about orienting the ratchet handle when removing or installing the injectors. Orient the handle so you apply force in the direction towards the engine, not pulling away from it.

Quote:
I wondered,
Theoretically, can a d24 start up and run with one injector not there? CrZy question.
Didn't GM do something similar with the Northstar engine where it could cut out cylinders at certain times?