Thread: d24t parts
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 06:55 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: 1985 744 D24T M46

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Mojica View Post
I have a pile of parts that I got with that 86 wagon. ill look and see what I have.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
The throttle spools are the same for manual/automatic but different for w/cruise and without.

These are shared with gas cars except for the cruise servo/cable/spool parts on the IP itself

if the switch is broken off the body which is common, you can jumper the two wires together, I sometimes do this and remove the switch completely, along with the EGR control relay next to it on that bracket, and get rid of the whole bracket to clean it up. With some additional static timing advance the function doesn't help and if it fails you get excessive advance and resulting problems. Sometimes easiest to can the whole system unless you're trying to keep it factory original. If so, all yours.
Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression the auto and manual spools were different, I guess I have the CC unit. I believe it does have the appropriate bracket on the pump. Mine has too much slack in the cable even with the cable fully adjusted out which is why I assumed it was the wrong type of spool. This car was also manual swapped at some point.

I would rather replace the switch, but good to know it can be gotten rid of. Sometimes I find the car idling rough and have to play with the spades on that switch, which helps it clear up. So, if you have one I'd like to replace it.