View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 10:06 PM

Vehicle: 1984 244 D24

Hey Mr Arrow thank you for all the prompt advice! Do I really need to go thru the trouble of bleeding the fuel system again? Well actually think i did that anyways but been parked a couple months now. I put a new napa filter on it when I got it and the one I replaced looked very clean inside. Put about 5k miles on it I think the filter should be pretty darn clean still. I know when I was last trying to start I cracked every line again to make sure there was good fuel pressure to each injector.

So I'm not thinking air in lines or filter or pump...

Never pulled any injectors I have never done this before but am not afraid to either... any advice on how to test these?

Front timing belt looks like it is due for replacement but not loose but looks a lot softer on the edges than the rear one. Do I need a special tool to replace this myself?

The engine seemed to be producing a lot of carbon deposits, soot, black shit on the intake side for some reason like when I put new air filter in it when I first started driving (before using ether) the old filter was black on engine side...?