View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 08:12 AM

Vehicle: 1984 244 D24

Ok so Ronald is up and running. Just did cold start this morning 45 deg NO ether. Didn't fire till 2nd crank but was being conservative on cranking time. Blows a lot of smoke for a couple mins then settles down but doesn't disappear.

Found a couple problems at IP. Getting a lot of little bubbles in return line. Especially when I start and they slow down after warming up but don't go completely away. When I give throttle the bubble seem to almost go away. Is this the input shaft seal you were talking about?

THe other issue is the IP is leaking. Pretty damn sure its coming out of the IP where the (head?) meets the main pump body. Its at the seam directly in front of where the Bosch VE #'s are located (think the 'head' part might be steel and body of pump aluminum...? leaking between the two) I am getting just over a drip per second which ends up being a small puddle in garage after a few minutes!! Now can either of these issues be addressed without removing the pump??

I got video of the bubbles in the clear return line I'll try and get it posted at a remote location and post a link here... Thanks guys!!