View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
Why am I thinking that easiest way would be to get the hoses onto each end, let them meet at middle where u would see either a compression fitting or a copper connector/ adapter/
Yes this would work, simple to execute. No need for a compression fitting, I see hose size adapters in various sizes all the time at the auto parts store, usually in the "Help" section. A straight-thru section of tubing with different OD sizes either side (ex. 1/2" OD one side, 3/4" OD other side). Don't drive yourself crazy trying to get exact exact sizes, as the rubber hoses are able to stretch or clamp down quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
Would it be useful having some type of a valve in there?...pointing up maybe? that could be an access point for later service, if some `checkups` needed.
Can't think of any reason for this. Remember, extra valves, hose connections, clamps, etc. introduce more points for failure.

Drain about a quart into a container should be sufficient to not lose any when replacing that hose. Later you can filter it (I use easily available coffee machine filters) and re-add it.

Trapped air bubble is not the big problem you're making it out to be. Here's how to avoid it:
When filling coolant system, leave the hose disconnected from that IP coldsart waxstat housing (the upper fitting).
Fill coolant system. When coolant flows from the housing fitting connect and secure the hose.
Continue to fill the coolant system until full.