View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Ya the gas m46s are the same, but of course a differnt bell housing. The world class T-5 is a hell of an upgrade I would say. There are plenty of V-8 mustangs out there running 11s and 12s in the quarter with T-5s and they aren't breaking them every weekend! The gears in the M46 are pretty small. Its a nice shifting and quiet trans, and fine for a daily driver or cruiser... If your planning on turning up the much, it wont hold up which I found out very quickly. I was hoping it would have at least lasted through the summer!

The bellhousing bolts to the trans, and D24, d24t are differnent. You need to get the one for whatever car you have. The d24 sits at an angle, the D24t in the 7 series sits almost verticle.

Jason
I was not aware that those sat at different angles. It would seem that the adapter plate is dual drilled for a couple of different angles though. Do you happen to know the different angles in the cars? I'll see what I can find. This is just in the planning stages for a non-Volvo project using Volvo parts to get some sort of RWD combination with a VW engine.