Thread: For sale in uk:
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 10:00 PM

Yeah, I really think it's too good to send to its grave.

The problem I have is that my funds are extremely limited at the moment and, as you say, it will need the welding, windscreen and tyres to pass the MOT.

My dear mother has offered some financial assistance but doesn't really see the underlying beauty of the car - she thinks it's an old wreck - and was unwilling to spend any money on it.

Instead, she's lent me the money to get a 1997 V70 TDI with 250k on it!. It's tidy enough and the 'toys' (a/c, cruise, trip computer etc.) and the extra power/economy are all lovely but I still prefer driving the 940 over all.

I can't help feeling that we would have been better putting the cash into the 940 - I'm concerned that the V70 has a lot more to go wrong with it and when it does, it'll have to go and see a computer to be diagnosed.

The other factor that makes doing the work on the 940 difficult for me is that I only have on-street parking on a busy main road and with the weather here, that makes doing any work that can't be fitted into a couple of hours when it isn't raining a no-go really.

I'm going to get some pics up on ebay and see if somemone with better means for doing it up wants it as a project but if that doesn't work out, I might try and find somewhere to do it myself...