View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 06:52 PM

WUDUUP! finally finished it today, build cost: $26.74

To solve my oil feed line issue, I did the same thing as my last project since it worked so well... I picked up the following at HomeDepot

SKU # Item Name
046843072008 2x 1/8 brass coupler
048643072053 1x 1/8 nipple
048643070059 1x ice maker kit "comes with a valve that you take apart and use the main body as the 'T'"

I ended up shredding the threads on the 'T' on the short side where the turn pin screws together, so I just soldered it back in place.

Thankfully the turbo came with feed and return lines, so all I had to figure out how to join the the engine to the lines...

For the return... since the turbo sits pretty high in the engine bay... and the oil pan was going to be a pain in the ass to drill and tap since its apart of the bell housing.... I drilled a 7/16? hole in the valve cover and welded a female compressor fitting "like the one you put on the end of your air tools" directly over the hole then joined the turbo and valve cover together with a 1"? piece of heater hose.

Had an old intake from an 08? corolla, I cut a corner section out and it fits PERFECTLY! I heated up one end and pipe-clamped it to the turbo.

questions? i might possibly, maybe have an answer... dont count on it....

TIPS: learn to solder with a torch! have REALLY GOOD flux and not real thick solder! get extra brushes for the flux! have a spill pan under your car X_X have kitty litter and a broom handy! have your buddy watching all the oil lines on your first startup in case something isnt right!

TESTDRIVE: Since I dont have a wastegate =( I hooked up a boost gauge just to make sure I dont accidently push 40psi lol, after I got on the road and really got on it "after it was warm" I got about 15 lbs of good solid continuous boost, sometime it would jump to about 18... can it go that high on my stock setup?

oh btw... i pulled the oil sender out to take it with me to homedepot to check the threads, got what I needed then came home. My buddy was with me and wanted to see the progress, i wanted to show him the smoke on startup lol, so i cranked the engine up from through the window then walked up to the engine bay on the passenger side... what do I see? a SOLID stream of pitch black oil coming form the side of the engine! FUUUUUUUCCKK! im so stupid... thankfully i turned it off and only lost about a gallon of oil... now theres a oil slick about 1.5ft wide and 14ft long down my driveway! yay!

block to press. sensor to turbo fitting thing

oil feed line coming from the turbo, i had some weird brass fitting I drilled out and used a fitting from the ice maker kit and soldered it all together.

finished setup

i plan on fastening a chrome pipe about 4" in diameter and about 10 inches tall to the hood, right now it closes perfectly, but when I take off the up-pipe vibrates against the hood.