View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 09:14 PM

Vehicle: 1982 240GL

ngoma-- I took the torqueing sequences and values from the Green Book. The obstruction was me and my clumsiness. I got the car after it died back in 2005-ish with the engine in partial disassembly and never did any work on the IP. I have now unlocked the IP by (regrettingly) opening the governor cover and lubricating the innards with PB Blaster. It finally started turning, but it wasn't a fluid rotation (not sure how it's supposed to turn). I now have the IP belt on and am trying to time the engine with the dial indicator. I'm planning to attach the remining components and introduce fuel through a jerrycan and new fuel filter.

v8volvo-- I can see how it would be easy to attach the lower timing belt shroud improperly. One of the more challenging parts of this project is discovering and addressing the minor deficiencies left by those who worked on the engine before. In all fairness, I include myself in the previous statement as the car has been sitting in my garage for 13-plus years. Thanks for the compliments on my homemade tools.

19misha72-- I promise not to give up on the Volvo. It's personal now. Thanks for the compliments on my homemade tools. I like yours and your photos. I really like your jet. Is that what you drive when not driving your Volvo??