View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
240 with D24 should get high 20's MPG. Check air filter, timing, exhaust obstruction, tire pressure, etc. Do you see a lot of smoke out the exhaust?
I'm going to list off what it has recently had done just this year .

-New timing belts were put on and the engine was timed
-new water separator
-new glow plugs and buss bars cleaned
-1 fuel injector is new and all of the injector heat shields are new
-all injector bores were cleaned out
-new V belts
-the injection pump was dismantled, cleaned, and resealed with Bosch viton seals including the rear main pump seal.
-the fuel delivery pipes were replaced with a good used set .

All of this work was done by the PO which I would trust with any of my cars especially this diesel ! He is the one who brought this beast back to life and saved it in the first place .

I will be pulling and changing the air filter today . In the first tank I used a fairly good lubricity additive and the second as well . To be honest I want to run Agri diesel but I need to set up a tank for that at some point in time .

The car runs great and performance is better than I expected vs the reviews on a Volvo diesel . There is still black smoke (unspent fuel) coming out at times . I usually let the engine warm up before driving it . It seems hard to tune the enrichment because I think I don't see smoke but then sometimes I do so I may try to set up a white sheet or towel behind the tail pipe next time . I think she can fair to be leaned out a little more . Obviously I understand I will get some loss do to the fact it's a NA engine and not as efficient as the turbo model . It's a slow and steady car . I happen to love it to be honest . It's the most comfortable smooth driving 240 I've ever owned .