View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 245 d24 NA

Thanks for your advices and your answer.

About your questions :

The transmission is bolted on the block and i used it to install all the parts wich need it.

I have used the special tools for the timing belt and did it following the manual specs : it should be ok (i will check again, again, again)

The valves clearances should be ok : the engine was rebuilt by a professionnal for his own brother (it's not a reason i know) i will check it

I've seen the frontal keyway pointing the sky during the tming belt installation while at TDC i will check it again

The cold start device is connected and pulling hard on the cable of the pump.

I've used glowplugs 10s before each of the several starts i did on it ,not during because it can stay a bit on idle alone.
it starts but not easily and smoke a lot and sounds like it is choking itself (like a too rich mixture on a gas engine)
It doesn't rev up even if "full fuel"

The all 6 pistons are new and the cylinders bored i can hear suctions when i turn it by hand and it blow air by the exhaust when i crank it with the electric starter.

The engine ran 11 years ago during around 1 hour or so with the same symptoms.

Knowing that when i bought it, i've done, all the belts, tensionner, water pump, and installed a different injection pump (wich worked normally on an other engine).

Thanks again.