View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
It leaks (I think) at the top seal on the drivers side of the pump (left side of car). Maybe the seal can be done in-car.
If it is indeed the top cover seal, you could try incrementally tightening up the cover screws first. Otherwise, the cover gasket can be replaced in-car. Make sure you use the correct gasket, not the thicker one with the nubs. Tricky part with this method is keeping the throttle lever linkage connected to the governor spring cage while reinstalling the cover.

Quote:
Is there a `treatment fluid` that may help inj.pump seals swollen up enough to somewhat correct the leak??
I know that the real biodiesel (b99) is a great help. I just can`t get it anywhere nowdays. Is there something (fluid, additive, oil, etc) that may work as such?
I have one that was leaking out the mainshaft seal when running good quality B100. It stopped leaking after switching to Petro Diesel. Sorry, I didn't know B99 was able to seal leaks. I DO know that B2 has been proven to help lubricate the IP and injectors, adding in the lubrication properties that were removed when LSD (Low Sulfur Diesel) was mandated.

Quote:
...I actually ran the car on a liter of ATF and it helped clear out some goo. Maybe.. I'm not sure. Maybe as much as an italian tune-up can do. LOL
What "goo" were you able to observe removed? Some of the IPs I have disassembled had a brownish varnish coating the internals, and some sediment at the bottom. Not sure a 5-minute LubroMoly purge would be able to remove this. One, that was run on WVO did have some chicken-skin flakes of polymerized WVO inside-- NO solvent has yet been found to remove this. Sometimes an IP stored improperly for several years will have some goo inside. This would require disassembly and scrubbing with solvent to remove it.

Quote:
Dirt particles can get released by lubromolly, coming from my slightly used filter and they perhaps *could* get into injectors or pump.
Not following you here. Dirt particles released from where? To me, the biggest threat with this process is knocking some foreign material into your feedline which then gets sucked directly into the IP.

What problem are you hoping to solve by mainlining LubroMoly? Seems like we are easy to get suckered into paying $$$ for a feelgood "treat" or vitamin to our car, just like some are easy to get suckered into snakeoil miracle remedies for arthritis, baldness, backpain, etc.