View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 11:18 PM

Vehicle: 1983 Volvo 760 Turbo, D24 T, M46 manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
I don't know what exactly you mean by "timing kit"
I think you have to get all parts individually (idler, w pump, t belt etc) Careful with the waterpumps bc there are junk-quality brands out there. Try to find the good one. Tons of write-ups available on this Forum but I have no time to run the forum search right now.

About the thermostat.
I think I'll order this one and redo my cooling system for the Summer because it looks just like the 87Celsius WÄHLER thermostat that I recently installed but this one is the 80°C version. The 87degree version is fine btw and very safe to use (no issues with it for years but coming Summer I simply wanted a system checkup and a new unit)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123005152200
To be exact I'm trying to find a timing belt. I know my water pump is good and other parts, and I've driven the car 1400 kilometers after it sat for 10 years and had no problems apart from it getting hot at times. There are no signs that the timing belt has to be replaced, but been told to replace it just so I know it's good and that it has been done.

About the thermostat, I live in New Zealand where on average the temperatures range from 10 - 25 degrees Celsius, sometimes colder or hotter. Should I get an OEM 87 degree thermostat or go for the 80 degree one so I know that my engine will be running cooler. Thanks