View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 10:58 AM

Default Altitude compensator solenoid stuck on ground.

I hope one of you guys can help me figure this out: I'm trying to start an engine that was rebuilt in the 90's. My altitude compensator solenoid (the one at the bottom drivers side of the pump right under the pump label/stamp) has continuity between spade terminal and ground, the plastic is melted a little from a previous encounter with electricity. It was blowing fuses when I turned the key to position 15, and when I checked it I found that it is stuck on ground. Would this keep my pump from priming properly, or would it not make a difference and should I just leave it out of the circuit? The fuel solenoid is clicking. I am getting a little bit of fuel to the injectors (all lines are cracked at the injectors. More fuel from the one closest to the pump, and a little less as you travel to the front of the engine. there is none at the injector furthest from the pump. Not a whole lot of fuel, all together. Any ideas? Can the solenoid be removed from its housing and replaced? Any sources on the part? I live in Georgia and I'm not sure of the elevation here, but surely its not high.
Thanks a lot.
Abe