View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 07:30 PM

Vehicle: 1982 240GL

Ngoma-- The motor mounts seem pretty solid and there's no damage around the fan shroud. So it's a mystery as to why only one blade would be broken. I've been looking around for replacement fan, but to no avail. If anyone knows where there's one available, I'd be interested.

RedArrow-- Thank you for offering to lend the tools-very nice of you! It will be a while before I get to that point. Right now I'm having issues with the four valves sealing for cylinders 5 and 6 in the replacement cylinder head. I tried lapping them twice, but they're not passing my compressed air test. I'm still getting tiny bubbles. The surfaces on the valves and seats look good, so it could be that I need new valves, seats or springs. Next I'll get out the books for specs and take measurements. I didn't want to get this technical, but just can't, in good conscience throw things back together knowing there are deficiencies that can be corrected within reason. The other valves are sealing good though. Could it be possible that the compressed air is popping open the valve a bit? I'm blowing about 100psi into the ports with a less than airtight seal around the air nozzle and port. Is there a better way to check the valves?