View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 10:12 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
I toyed with the idea of making some kind of system by which the pump would run off two relays -- one that automatically ran it for 30sec whenever the key was first turned to "run" for priming and then a second that would be triggered by the oil pressure switch opening so that it would continue to run whenever the engine was running, but would stop if the engine quit or if the driver only turned the key on to run the radio, etc. Would have been slick but more complex. ....

...Interesting that hose failed, it was the original gasoline fuel hose. I wondered if it would be okay when I first put that together, -- I decided to experiment with the expectation that it would probably have a problem
Inventing such a thing is a great benefit.
Hopefully I`ll have a chance to finalize this hose-fix this weekend. (Who knows it for real whether the fail maybe has something to do (also) with excessive vibration in the shaft area or not: the hose decayed both outside and from inside as well. It probably leaked well before but I didn`t notice it.) I did see some shiny fluid stuff there and back but I thought that was the remains of the diff pignion seal leak that got cured.
Thanks for keeping the gas-pusher. There`s not much messing around `cause I have a pump and I love it!

Last edited by RedArrow; 09-13-2013 at 10:28 PM.