View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 03:14 PM

Vehicle: Volvo 965

Neither did I see that cloth before, and we've taken it, together with trunk area trims, from a 945 my friend keeps as a shed in his backyard. Considering the "new" style of headrests, I could say it is a '95+ model. Will ask him.

As for the "upcoming"...I'm still focusing on the "stage 0" or - getting it to look like when it was new, which is now almost done - few trim pieces on the outside, re-upholstering seats in leather that would match door-cards, same with the headliner, some more suspension and brakes work an that would be it...

In the meantime, I'm collecting data on various Volvo/VW diesel sites, gathering parts for home-built turbo-pressure and EGT gauges, waiting for MBC to arrive and then I will probably go with straight exhaust, all of that and taking the pump apart, governor mod, etc...standard "more power" route. I do not have a specific target power, just want to see where can I take it without compensating too much driveability and reliability.

By the way, I think my injectors are nearing the end of their life, even though a local Bosch-guru had them on the desk and decided that they were fine.
So, I wanted to ask, since I never found anything on the subject...is there a replacement for these injectors - something that would fit in there and better support the modifications I plan on doing, or should I just go with new original injectors, and if so, what are their pressure-specifications: same as on VW 1.6TD, or...?

Thank you!