View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoStevo View Post
myselfnjit, did you model your system after someone else's? Like, is there a set of how-to-build-your-own-veg-car instructions floating around the internet or did you just have the knowhow to piece it together yourself? I was just going to buy Greasecar's conversion kit, but I'd definitely be interested in building a setup myself for less money. Plus, I'm not crazy about the tank Greasecar supplies with their 240 kit (it's the same for either sedan or wagon) as there's really nowhere to mount it without it severely obstructing the cargo area.

My tank is def better than the greasecar tank, notice the hotfox heater, it only heats the fuel near and in the fuel pickup, not the whole tank. Also, there are no interior connections to leak coolant into your veg. I also personally dont like HIH, scared of leaks. HOH is just safer and with the FPHE and the vegtherm, heat isnt an issue once the car is up to temp.

I dont think that my setup saved money over a GC kit though. I would have to think about it.