View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Owner/admin

Default Jason's D24T@20lbs + M46 = GAME OVER for the M46 lol

Well, it didn't even last a week. I took it for its first drive friday night, but it was raining so I couldn't even get on it. I blew up the trans tonight. Third gear is blown out. I don't have 1st 2nd or 3rd, or reverse. I limped to a friends house in 4th gear. I'll go get it with the truck and trailer tomorrow... I knew it was going to blow up but geeze! I figured I would at least get a summer worth of abuse out of it! I'm not THAT hard on it..lol At least my buddy I was taking for a ride was impressed. He thought it felt like a 14 sec car or so... Thats good to hear at least.

I don't know whats next for it, this is just supposed to be a fun project/daily driver thing. I don't want to spend lots on it, I have a race car that is actually fast that I would rather buy stuff for when things get expensive. Just the same, I gotta get something in there that will at least hold the current level of power, it was just starting to get really fun to drive! I hear of guys over on Tbricks making 200hp and the M46s hold up fine to that. I guess the diesel torque killed it. That 6 puck clutch wasn't screwing around either, talk about grab! It must be making some decent power anyway. I'm going to do some research, but from what I had come across, the T-5 is the popular swap to do. I don't see a m46 or 47 holding up, and doubt I would be able to get ahold of a M90 since they are Europe only in the later cars. A T56 sure would be nice.... 6 gears to bang through man that would be cool, I don't think I have ever heard of anyone swaping one in place of a M46/47 though.

Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!