View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 07:10 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been really busy with school.

It turned out that I had the IP timed way, way, way off. For some reason (don't ask why) I rotated the IP when the belt was off, and when I timed the IP I failed to align the notch in the pulley with the notch on the bracket. As v8volvo kindly and helpfully pointed out, I timed it correctly, but it wasn't phased correctly.

Now, I have done it properly (I think) by aligning all the notches, then backing up (counterclockwise) until the gauge reaches its lowest point/stops moving. Then I set it to 0. Then I moved forward (clockwise) to .97 and set it there.

Now, the notch on the pulley is NOT aligned with the notch on the pump - I'd say it's 3/4" to the right of the notch on the bracket, but I have followed the instructions to a T. So I'm hoping that when I put it back together it fires up.

If not, I'll go from there. Thanks for everyone's help!

And thanks for the link michaelovitch, but that procedure doesn't address the fact that the notch on the IP pulley wasn't matching up with the notch on the bracket. my IP was timed properly, but it wasn't phased properly.