View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 06:44 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Can we make a sticky out of this? Also to include this (w/ photo):

Seems this comes up fairly often.
Good idea, I will see if I can figure out how to do that. There is quite a lot of good info scattered throughout the forum at this point and I have been thinking it might be a good project sometime to compile a "How-To" thread that would consolidate the frequently-asked-about stuff in a place that is easy to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper109
Are you in Europe for vacation reasons or VW reasons? Either way, enjoy the food and liquid refreshment. Just pretend that 1 Euro = 1 dollar, unless you are in UK of course. A well lubed pub lunch will dull the pain :-)
Steve, I have been enjoying a week in the Basque Country of Spain before traveling to the area formerly known as Yugoslavia after the weekend. You are right that travel and living is not cheap here... however the local wine is good and not expensive, which makes it a little easier to take.

Of course there is a preponderance of very nice diesel cars here as well, almost all of which are unobtainable in the States. It is not uncommon to cross a large street in front of traffic stopped at a light, and realize that every vehicle there has the sound of an idling diesel engine coming out of it. An enviable scernario, at least to my mind. Not a ton of old Volvos or other old cars in general but many nice newer diesel Volvos, D5 V70's, etc. I like the TDI Skodas as well.

Ian, glad to hear that you got it installed and set up. I suspect that your slight decrease in low-end snap will be accompanied by reduced smoke, better mileage, and less noise along with increased engine life. I suppose only time will tell in the case of the last one though. ;-)