View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM

it's here took it for a quick spin to check it was ok, seems to run nice and goes well on boost, feels a bit quicker than the B200 but it might take some time to start driving it normally as opposed to enjoying the feeling of that turbo coming in! anyway, last quick spin will be around to the yard where i'm doing the swap later i should think

heres the car:

bit scruffy in places:

think this is where the main MOT issue was:

bit of exhaust missing:

hmm, spartan comes to mind, literally seems to be tsorlanda spec, doesn't even have heated mirrors:

M90 goodness

comparisons time:

methinks someone had a boost gauge!

tinkering time began...

it's going to be a right pita as the 940 wiring is quite different form the 740 i assume :| the issue is that although the main loom should be near identical, the washer bottle is on the opposite side of the car, meaning i'll need to use the loom for that from the 940, the battery cables are on opposite sides, so they'll need swapping over, and the engine loom is obviously completely different so i'll need to attach that, along with the glow plug and egr control wiring to my loom, however as the 940 has post face-lift front lights, i'll need to retain the original wiring for my lights. most of the engine bay looms plug into sockets at the bottoms of the a pillars i believe in both cars, so hopefully i'll be able to swap them over and then just sort the bits inside.

progress this afternoon. stripped out the front end of the 940, coolant out, rad and intercooler off, lights out, wiring back as far as i can get it. next is to free the last two wires that go under the engine to the starter, and then that should be the engine free to be lowered out on the crossmember. i'm planning on swapping everything as simply as possible jut to get the D24 into my car as soon as possible, and then get it back to mine to finish the wiring properly on the drive, as the farmer who's barn i'm working in is waiting for a request to ship 300 tonnes of grain that's in the barn behind my cars!

not much particularly interesting from this afternoon, just more and more wires becoming disconjoined form the car

wires everywhere, and this is just the o/s loom!

how it is now, all ready to come out apart from three jobs left i think

then having come home i decided to have a look at the clocks and see if i could sort the rev counter out, side by side you think 940 and 740 clocks are similar just arranged different?

you'd be wrong unfortunately they're completely different, to the point where the 940 revcounter is about 3mm diameter smaller than the hole in the 740, and that's before you even look at the electrics or the mounting

difference between the rev counters:

suppose there's now two options, one, wire up so it hopefully runs the petrol rev counter accurately (cant see why it wouldn't) and look out for a set of preface-lift diesel clocks, or two, swap the dash over and use the 940 ones, or am i now being ridiculous?

Richard