View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 09:21 PM

success!
after forcing myself to finish the mani today, things finally came together.. and the hood closes! I decided to put the turbo up toward the oem airbox location. since the outrageous bends and having to re-do the mounts to put the turbo in the stock location would be a huge hassle.

going to run the oil lines tomorrow! any tips on where to splice in for oil pressure? am I going to have to drill a hole in the oil pan to install a drain? "thats what I had to do on my last na-to-turbo project...

To make the flange, I used a thin piece of cardboard, placed it on the flange and hammered on all the hard surfaces with a rubber/plastic hammer so that it would cleanly show where to cut, cutout the flange and traced it onto a piece of 1/4 spare plate steel with a sharpie then went over the sharpie with an engraver so that I could see the lines with the heavy torch-glasses on- proceed to cut out the flange with a oxy-acetylene torch then clean it up with a grinder....

all of the elbows and fittings were from misc old exhausts i had lying around including the OEM volvo piping.

total cost so far: 0$ everything used i had on hand/salvaged from other projects or got for free "including the turbo" 'thanks jordan!'

mock-up stage

finished

installed

peeking over the upper core support ^_^