View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 05:22 AM

After pulling the radiator, I found it still clogged with oil six months after extensive cleaning!

So I soaked it with purple degreaser for an hour, reinstalled, and did TurboGreasel's electrasol flush TWICE. Hopefully it's clean now.

I also added an OEM 1992+ intercooler while retaining the factory A/C (which still blows cold). I had to remove the pusher fan to make room, and move the A/C condenser down and forward while fabricating new brackets (the condenser now bolts to the intercooler like 92+ cars). Also had to cut and grind on the car with the dremel for a solid day to make everything fit. I think this only fits because I have a newer NISSENS radiator which has intercooler piping cutouts on the end tanks.

I still need to plumb the intercooler in, coming soon! The plumbing will be VERY tight on the passenger (right) side, I'll probably need to re-clock the turbo, and cut part of the airbox away.

Also, the A/C condenser is now in the way of the hood cable- I added some rubber hose guides for now but will soon fabricate a new cable from a bicycle brake cable kit to route it around the condenser.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-08-13 at 16-44-05.jpg (87.7 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by casioqv; 08-14-2013 at 05:30 AM.