View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
I have a copy of VADIS that I need to get working again. I will see if I can find any difference in part numbers for the various springs in the different 700/900 models.....
I've had a couple of buddies checking on the springs and so far there seems to be a lot of confusing...updated part numbers, etc., but nothing concrete. I've satisfied that the spring diameter isn't different on the diesels, but as mentioned earlier, the number of turns and heights may be different.

Quote:
Hoping I will have a chance to experiment with my VNT sometime this summer and report some results....
That will be interesting to see how that works out for you.

Quote:
Since your 960 will probably have room for a nice intercooler (maybe even a stock one off a 940T), that alone plus increased boost from a stock size turbo may be a nice start....
Yep. I picked up an intercooler setup from a '93 940 Turbo over the weekend and it will bolt right up to the front of my 960.

Quote:
Here is the center console insert panel that fits the 760/960 style console with a manual trans. The opening for the shifter appears to have some attachment points for a shift boot that possibly clips into the panel. Probably there is a correct European part for that purpose too. I don't have it or know the appropriate number but I imagine it would not be too hard to fashion one, or you could just use an M46 boot like in a 740. I got the idea, and the part number, a couple years ago from the guy who put this car together: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=188058 -- and bought the part around that time as well.
I've seen that thread and in fact know the guy who had the 765, well at least I've swapped PM's with him. Chris is a really knowledgeable guy. He told me that the shifter boot in the photo below was one that came from an '89 740, so the boot should be easy to source and in fact I have the one from the '83 donor car.