View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 05:49 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default evergreen question

Great that it showed up, because that`s one of my questions also.

Few yrs back, on a regular basis (OR at least on/before longer trips (1000m+) ) I always used a Gallon or two of true b99 biodiesel to do that for me (resulting running on `B5-B10` -our tank is ~15G) but i ran out of nearby sources for now.
Mostly all that`s available around here is waste-veggies with fishy filtering so I`m saying `No!`. (waste-oil/veggie fuel is not same as quality biodiesel but still called that, way too often) The factors of laziness and the risks of switching back-and-forth made me stop adding extra lubrication with fuel.

About the winterizing fluids: *Just a few days down the road after using above mentioned fuel additive (White bottle) 3 of 6 plugs successfully burned out quite suddenly, at the same time (but, they were unmolested for nearly 3yrs...never an issue before). Coldstarting action went from totally fully perfect to nearly impossible, very fast. I did not overdose the fluid. I stay away from it now, although I wasnt sad feeling some extra power. It did possibly clean out injectors too.

Every time I do shopping in sick superstores, I see clear natural oils on the shelf but wondering how much water they might have in them even if bottle says `100% oil`. Everything is getting very fake nowdays! Maybe there`s something on the shelf (canola oil etc) that we could pour into the tank at every fill-up with no surprises later. :0)
West Coast dieselers must be the professionals on using the real biodiesel stuff!

Last edited by RedArrow; 06-01-2015 at 05:52 PM.