View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 07:37 AM

Vehicle: 88 740 turbo wagon, 89 740 16v wagon, 86 745 d24t.
Default Lifted 745 TIC build

Hello guys!
I've never worked with diesels before so this is all new to me.
Start:
So I picked up an 86 745 turbodiesel from a guy in PA with the intent to clean up and daily. Turned out about 70% of the structual sections of the unibody were completly rusted away, engine is very strong though. Decided to swap into a 91 745 shell and lift it about 4"

As of now I have just about stripped the 86 shell. Drive train is out, front subframe and suspension, rear axle, dash, shift linkage, engine bay harness, and some nice interior parts.

I've been looking for a shop to do some maintinece but mone will touch it so I guess i'm doing the HG etc. Was able to find the tool kit on amazon for a good price. Ordered the rest of the parts from rock auto and tasca.as well as studs from arp. HG will take a few weeks aparently to ship in from sweden. Parts from rock auto like water pumps look like they have been sitting on the shelf for years.

I planed on running a .48 a/r exhaust housing with a larger compressor, but the shaft was very rough. Going to run the larger compressor with stock exhaust side on the stock chra. But would like to run an external gate. Turbo will push air through a 2.5 " vertical flow intercooler so both charge pipes will be on the right side. I'm looking for an n/a intake if anyone has one.

Cooling will be run through a dual pass gm radiator with in/out on left side to keep the cooling system tidy and clean up engine bay.

Suspension will be lifted about 4"