Thread: D24T bad sounds
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
So far, all I see is that the nozzle is not well centered, misaligned within the injector housing itself.
Nozzle centered in the inj. housing is fairly important. Bosch even has a centering tool (basically a thinwall metal tube that slides into the gap between the nozzle and the housing) for use when refurbishing. It's not that hard to eyeball it. You should open up the injector and reset the nozzle to center it, then retorque it closed, and pop test it/check spray behavior/re-shim as necessary.

Quote:
So at this point idk what may have happened to the nozzle itself.
Did you notice it when you installed it? Were these new injectors or did you install new nozzles into the old injectors?

Quote:
I may later find a piece of JBweld (sent from inj #5) or a broken spring (in inj #6) etc.
Hard for me to imagine foreign matter migrating from the injector spill side to the inlet side. Pretty much a one-way pressurized flow, no?

Quote:
After installing the used injector , knocking went away. I'll update the thread after driving the car home. but now I have to make a decision...buy a 170bar gtd injector or get a new set of injectors fully rebuilt and with stock nozzles. Grrrr $$ or have one of my four sets rebuilt.
Try recentering/pop testing the your #6 first.