View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 03:34 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default While in EU,I never liked the USA front but now in love with it. Missing the wipers!

There`s Eb@Y seller nicknamed `philski-one`, he`s selling both setups for a crazy lot of money. (=trying to sell)

I bought the wagon with old cracked lenses, signals,corners but including a nice condition `eggcrate grill`(black). When I switched to the chrome (`waterfall`) grill, brickers around me said `OMG,so nice, now it looks better!` I was happy with how it looked: chrome bezels w chrome grill,volvo emblem,td sign etc.

Then hit the lottery and replaced EVERYTHING with new units: both front corners, both usa signals, 4 headlight Extravision sealed beams etc, and I was told `Hey, looks awesome but could you just paint that chrome BLACK?? to make it perfect looking?`
WTF?! I decided to also dip headlight chrome bezels black + added back the Eggrate (black) grill.
Now bricker friends say `Hey, it looks cool but you basically RAPED your vintage car...`
I said to myself, `Oh thanks. Damn it, whatever they say it does look mean, therefore it stays!` so I added very strong LED fogs too. Let it be rape then. You decide what to say now.

Another sale was ended last week on eb@y, a guy was selling an entire (USA,240brick) front assembly with all headlight parts plus an eggcrate type 240 grille plus trim pieces, asking $300 for all, in nice cond.I`m 110% sure you`ll find them for much cheaper, so keep your eyeballs stuck on the monitor every night. Good luck!
PS. my high quality sealed beams cost me $16each,signal unit $21 or so,corners around 24?,bosch fogs are also common,chrome bezels are available often on e.Bay or CL for around $25each so dont panic a lot if lenses happen to be cracked OR MISSING. High shipping costs often kill big deals.
I`ve seen the b(l)ack frame in junkyards often (usually not taken), I`ll try to grab 2 if seen again.

It`s such a shame this brick owner recently decided to part this Running rarity. Look: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/4748261750.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140719_180144.jpg (45.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20140911_192846.jpg (86.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg volvo light maniac.jpg (25.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20140713_180400.jpg (95.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by RedArrow; 11-20-2014 at 04:57 PM. Reason: added photos and corrected text