View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 08:46 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahapro View Post
. Glow plugs will pull current which says that they are getting hot.
After long years of always functioning totally reliable, until last winter; suddenly (=finally? ) my 740 plugs did so... but they failed getting hot (OR even warm). 3 of 6. Car was almost impossible to start...(despite proper maintenance,fluids,fuel,compr,timing etc.)

All six new proper bosch duratherms fixed it quickly. It happens they test okay but are way too `slow` (mixing different brands =not good either). Often they pass current test fine but if tip doesn`t `light up` properly /at all ---> still bad)

Plugs that stay ON for too long, may deform the end of the plug, the tips may get `fat` there (melting) and then obviously it is a dangerous situation we dont like lol (i caught this happening on a 240 i had... because of no-start due to air in fuel + plugs were set up as Manually operated on dashboard) Those plugs tested ok but they did not get hot properly. Luckily they did not crack and were still removable but ugly and fat like a _____. (i ran out of words)

I hope you find the secret to start it. Try getting them all out to test and see for yourself. Im expecting a start-up video soon. :`)

Last edited by RedArrow; 08-19-2015 at 06:43 AM.