View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper109 View Post
Nice looking car. I have always liked that all business profile!

If you pull the glow plugs and use whats been suggested, I prefer Marvel Mystery oil, then it will free up. Leave the plugs out while you turn the engine.
That way it cannot hydrolock.

ATF = Automatic Transmission Fluid.

Steve
Oooh, ok.
I wasn't sure what to do with the glow plugs, but that makes sense.
Yea, I knew ATF was automatic trans fluid, but I wasn't sure if that was an acronym for something diesel related
Pardon my newb-ness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Looks like you've got a project there, but it will be unique when your done! Not many volvo diesels getting restored or even fixed up much thats for sure... Keep us updated with pics as you make progress.

I'm moving this thread to the "garage" section since its going to be more of a build thread.

Jason
Yea, well that rusty hatch will be replaced as soon as it gets warm enough to seal the window glass into the spare hatch I got with the car.
The guy gave me a bunch of odds and ends to help restore this boat, but they are all relatively useless haha.

I will definitely do my best to restore this thing, and I guess do a little resto-mod work while I am at it
And yea, the pics, they will be plentiful.
I am a digital film editor, so I will probably do a couple videos as well.

Thanks, Jason.
I will definitely keep this thread from dying

Are there any Volvo Diesel guys around the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton are of PA?
I will be going to harry's-u-pull it quite often now, so it would be cool to meet up with fellow enthusiasts.