View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ40Jim View Post
Don't do this. Srsly.
The coolant flow through the engine starts with the WP shoving cold coolant in the front of the block. Coolant moves to the rear of the block, circulating around all cylinders. At the rear of the block, coolant moves upward through large openings in the HG. It then flows forward through the cylinder head. exiting out the front side of the head to go to radiator.
HTH
Yes, I agree with you. The only way I could see this working is if the bypass is blocked/removed and the coolant is always pushed through the block, head and back.
The Evans waterless coolant is high viscosity that concentrated antifreeze, almost a mineral oil.
The printed instructions I got said remove the Tstat and all any bypass.
The UK instructions on line say don't do any of that, leave the mechanics alone and clean and fill.

The two extreme modes for the cooling system in my application are:
1. WOT up 10% grade to 14k feet, blowing 20psi of boost, pushing 8,000#. Here I need to suck all the heat out I can.

2. I stop at 14k ft and have lunch, the engine cools off. The engine idles 90% of the way back. Any heat produced is sucked out and I get white smoke and rough idle.

I think I am really pushing the thermal loading envelope.
So I added an extra cooling circuit for the inter-cooler, turbo and oil cooler. I can turn the pump and fan on/off separately.