View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdigo View Post
My 83 245 has a D24T in place of the original D24. The oil pump is leaking around the gasket. The first step in the maintenance procedure to replace the gasket is to remove the engine. Im thinking it may be easier to support the engine and to drop the sub-frame down out of the was to get the oil pan off. Looks like I can dis-connect the steering shaft from the rack, remove 4 bolts on the sub-frame and its out of the way. Anyone here have any experience here?

Dennis
Haven't done it on a 240 but did it on a 740 and it was exactly the way you describe.... 240 should be more or less the same. You might be able to raise the motor a few inches as well. I would rather do that and drop the x-member than take the motor out for sure. When I had the crossmember dropped on the 740 I took the opportunity to replace some front end parts at the same time. It will probably need aligned afterwards either way...

I think the bigger pump on the D24T is mostly because of the squirters. If it's making good pressure you must have the right one on there.