View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 05:13 AM

Hello,
Thank you for your response.
The vehicle is a 1995 LT35
The pump was from a Volvo 740 but had been taken off the car by the breaker, it was quite dirty. I took the lid of and washed it out internally as best I could. I bench tested it using a reversed drill on the mainshaft nut and it appeared to squirt well at various ‘throttle’ settings.
The original pump had mysteriously stopped drawing fuel via the low pressure side of the pump. I could make it work using an electric inline pump but not satisfactorily.
Before I got to blaming the pump, I changed the pick up unit in the fuel tank. The flow and return pipes front to rear.
I removed the water trap filter and as it was drawing air in on the return side I swopped the fuel filter for a Ford one that just has an in and an out, the excess fuel now returns to the tank directly. There are now no visible air bubbles in the clear line to the inlet banjo.
As part of finding the route of this problem,
I bypassed the fuel filter, no improvement.
Replaced the return Banjo bolt with a new one.
Did the cam and pump timing again to be sure.
I have the locking plate for the cam and the peg for the pump sprocket but I have not yet used a dial gauge in the pump as I do not have the adaptor.
Sorry for all this detail but I have exhausted my knowledge and skills over the last six weeks.
Thank you
Michael