View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: 1985 744 D24T M46

Looks like I jumped the gun with low oil pressure, after talking to a member who suggested blipping the throttle after a moment or two of idling I have plenty of oil pressure. Enough that when I forgot I had left the turbo feed cracked to check for pressure, it pumped out 3 quarts on to the parking lot where I work on the car It only ran for a few moments before I shut it off, so I'm not worried about damage, but it did leave a nice dark stain which I will have to try to clean up.

I changed the oil and took it for a short drive today, and boy is it a blast to drive! The high compression/turbo sound (the car came straight piped, side exit) is seriously addicting. It's not fast but it feels very strong and mechanical.

On my list for tomorrow are to look into glow plug relay isse, no tachometer and no coolant temp. The speedometer also reads too high, but that's not crucial right now. The PS pump also has a small leak in the reservoir, I was hoping it was from a line but it is the actual reservoir. All in all I am very pleased!