View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 08:59 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
Great that that was the fix! About the right lifespan for plugs, so good thing that you went for it and changed them. Sounds like it is back to 100%!
Yes Sir, :0) I`m happy with the results!It starts perfectly now (*as always did).
Please comment on antiseize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Started with only 3 good GPs in this cold weather? I'd say that means you have excellent compression, always a good thing for an IDI diesel engine!
Yeaah,after removal, all were tested 1 by 1 on battery+ also with a trustful device just to see how it was possible at all. I`m amazed car managed to start with 3 of 6 being 100% dead.
My YT video (sounds only) shows how badly it started by long crankings. (Subzero temps circa -4,-7C) I believe the link is working now.I changed the title to `Glow baby,glow!` on www.youtube.com.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=8vAq_XAIA0E

For speculation,I wish I knew which ones went out (Cyl #) but I achieved making a complete `mess` while doing it so we can`t have such info. (#6 was one of the good ones & I`m guessing on #5 #2 too.
I do hope you are right. I`m planning on testing the compression (great to know things) but i`m afraid that my `to-do`, `must-do`, `should-do` lists are all too long so the next possible best time for it is when I finally hike up to beautiful Maine to pay respect and enjoy Tom`s pro pump service.

Last edited by RedArrow; 03-21-2015 at 09:45 PM.