View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 07:18 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default Please check your private emails.

Hi Morgan.

I sent you an email here on this forum.

My cellphone number is included. Please get back to me about it.
Thank you very much.

Forumers,... this was the car I have been watching for over a few years and recently it showed up again and owner was really hard to deal with. I think he is very very ignorant just as Morgan described it.
That fuel filter wasn't the only thing he did not give a damn about.
I saw his property today (serious hoarding), went there from nyc to dc, drove from 2am to 6am and he was lazy to wake up to show me the spare engine he still has for sale. Thrown into a collapsing bldg. with garden mowers, junk scrapmetal, rusty bikes, axles and old rims and junkyard heavyduty car parts on top. You cant even step in.All that after you cross a grown-in garden with no pavement.

About the engine offered: Critical front damage to crank, side, pulleys, etc. brackets broken off... tipical signs of big front collision, engine stuck, camshaft probably broken too, at the minimum. tb came off, cover fully bent, stuck, cant even remove it, etc carnage. Parts broken off all around, missing parts too and accessories bent, cracked etc.Like it rolled. LOL. Front collision, for sure.
He `forgot ` to describe it. BTW he could not say a word in English, screaming through his neighborhood like when a fishing eagle spots a salmon from the air.

I got very angry and called it a day. A bad one. He also did not tell me the truth about where when he got it but he said that he paid 600 for it at a junkyard and it is repairable. No it isn't. I saw it. Everybody is stupid except him, right?

That`s the story in a nutshell. MORGAN, about the car. I am interested to have the engine and use it or maybe even save the shell and have a tranny for it later. I haven't seen the car itself in person, besides a quick look back in 2013 and 2014. Later I lost his address and phone # so it never got sold. Parked for yrs on flat tires and tree branches on top, busted front lights, interior stuffed w misc junkyard items etc. Very nasty and disrespectful treatment for a quite rare car.
Thank you for the response in advance.

Last edited by RedArrow; 08-03-2016 at 07:30 PM.