View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 85 745 D24T

Got the 760 running today. Didn't happen as quickly and I was hoping, but its better than not being about to get it to run at all.

The whole system was completely air bound, was not surprised by that but was not sure why it was like that. The fuel filter that was on it was extremely old and extremely dirty both inside and out. I'd be very surprised if the previous owner even changed it during his ownership.

I installed a new filter, filled it with fresh fuel, them proceeded to prime the rest of the system through the return line. Cracked the injector lines and finally started to get fuel to the them. Finally got it running then went back and bled the injectors one by one.

It's still running rough, but at least its running. There is a pretty decent leak at the top of the IP (did not try tightening anything yet) which is probably the reason/cause for it to lose prime and stop running on its last owner.

When bleeding the injectors one by one, I'm not getting any noticeable change in how it runs when I crack open #1 and very little when I do #4. I would not be surprised if they are clogged or just need to be rebuilt completely. I also noticed after it was running for a while that I was getting fuel and air bubble appearing around the base of injector #2, so that will need to get inspected as well.

I took a short video of it running just for the hell of it.
1983 Volvo 760 GLE Turbo Diesel

Also decided to see what was working and not working on the car while I was letting it run, all the lights work except for the fogs in the front and there is a parking bulb out in the rear. The voltmeter bounces around A LOT when the turn signals are on, not sure if its a gauge issue or electrical issue somewhere in the system. I did notice the car was only charging around 13.2 volts which didn't seem too great to me, but for not its just something else to stick in the notebook and address when the project car starts getting built.

1985 745 GLE D24T ZF22 || 1983 760 GLE D24T M46 (Parts Car) || 1989 745 Turbo B230FT AW71 (Parts Car)
1993 GMC Typhoon #0180 || 1993 GMC Typhoon #1579 || 1992 GMC Typhoon #1068
2007 Chevy Trailblazer 3SS || 2001 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 || 1952 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Photobucket | Fuelly | YouTube

Last edited by NJTy180; 08-02-2016 at 01:51 PM.