View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM

Hello Eli,

Thanks for the compliments!
It's good that you ask for the thermoswitch, i realise that the data of my switch is missing in the story.
If you look again to the thread i will edit it and add the data of my switch.

Now your story; regarding to my switch i think your switch is not chosen so bad.
yours is doing; in at 92 / 105 while mine is doing 90 / 97
I have to mention that the second fan is nearly not in use, it's more a safety-circuit.

So i think it's good to be sure that your readings on the gauge are well, to write more precisely, that's the gauge is giving the right reading!
I have the original volvo740 gauge plus the digital gauge, so i can compare them.
While climbing with full power at 2000 rpm i noticed that the temp. was increasing and it's easy to let the temp go to 110 c measured at the head-water.
I think 110 c is the max. so in that circumstances i switch gear and let the engine run at 2500 rpm. you can immediatly see at the digital gauge that the water becomes cooler to 100 c.

Other things to think about is the condition of your radiator and the size, if something is wrong or not optimal there,the temp is rising to much so the fans are not capable to put the temp down enough.

Thanks for your pictures anyway, it's giving good info to start with troubleshooting.I think the place of your switch is chosen well, the switch will derectly "see" the water coming out of the head.