View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 10:00 AM

Ive been thinking this thing since i saw that topic today.
Ive made my own mind, and in my opinion,
that system pretty much loses its effective with IC,
and its harder to pull liquid throught nozzle to intake system like Jason did,
since it condense in bottom of IC due to high lowering on temperature in intake air.
Even it wouldnt fall on bottom of IC, i believe it would form beads in tight ditches of IC.
But if we would, with same Jason's system place nozzle straight to intake manifold, the fact at theres same pressure on intake manifold than the one which tryes
to push the water/alcohol mixture throught nozzle, that in my opinion dont work at all, or just forms water beads in head of nozzle.
And with normal fuel pump you cant push so much fuel to engine at it overheats due to that and brokes, so its very little power reserve to get.

But, as everyone knows from his/her own experiece, d24 powered engine is really slow and dead until turbo starts to spool. Now to my idea.
Its not totally ready yet, and might be so at some of you will
solve few problems i have ahead before me
Yes, we want to feed that water+alcohol mixture before turbo starts to spool to compensate it. Remember this on that point: when we have overfeed on engine, turbo will start to spool on earlier rpm's due to excessive exhaust gas.
When we inject that mixture to engine, it will allow more percent of fuel to be burned, like turbo pressure does, therefore adding more power.

But, we cant use that "under pressure" richer, so we have to raise the overall fuel feed.

Back to thing. Thats moded from Jasons original system.
We make pressurised tank, pretty much like Jason's old windsheild washer bottle, but that one needs to last continuos pressure, im thinking of something between 2-5bars. To form the pressure on tank, we will add one-way ventil to hose which comes from turbo to tank, so the pressure in tank wont be depent of turbo pressure. And pop-off ventil to tank aswell, to open when it reaches prescribed pressure, like 2bar, so the tank dont blow up.
Now, pretty much like Jason does, we will lead hose from tank, but this time, to intake manifold, where we have drilled hole, and assebled adapter to nozzle. But, somewhere to that hose between tank and nozzle, we will add magnetic ventil, which will be closed when electricity circuit is open, and opens when electricity circuit closes. Sensor will be placed in back of the gas pedal, on certain point, just need to build rack to it. So when we pull full throttle, or where you put your sensor, electiricty circuit closes, opens magnetic ventil and allows water/alcohol mixture to travel to nozzle and spray out from there.

Problems i have at this moment

How we will open the electricity circuit when turbo starts to spool and make pressure? Most likely we would want solution which would allow us to adjust at in what pressure electricity circuit opens. Ive been thinking at we could use one kind of system, where is a spring and some kind of plate on cylinder, where comes the same pressure what turbo makes. So when theres more pressure, the plate, where pressure comes, would push the spring "down".
And somehow that way cut electricity circuit. Maybe by pulling electricity circuit to magnetic ventil through cylinder, but when plate is pushed down, it would lead electricity circuit to "land" and that way cutting it before magnetic ventil. OF course we could at manual switch where to open circuit, at
magnetic ventil shuts down, but it would be manual, and noone of us dont want to play with some switch at all, so lets make it automated.

Im now really thinknig about this system over night, most thanks to Jason for original idea. Feel free to comment and please, give additional Ideas how to carry out so at electricity circuit opens when pressures come, to shut down the magnetic ventil and closing water/alcohol mixture flow to nozzle.