View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
How did it all work out, neilsontom3000?
Hi Ngoma,

Apologies for lack of reply, the work was put on hold for some time due to work commitments and crappy Scottish weather (repairs on the drive way, the worst for winter repairs!!)

But I actually got kicked back off couple of days ago, and was planning a day at it today, but it bloody snowed here last night! and am still planning an entire finished write-up on it....

Power coated rocker, intake manifold, timing cover etc..the exhaust manifold was sprayed in high temp paint by me, but started to flake, so I just wire wheeled it right back to bare metal again, New gasket, head bolts etc, and head back on....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Unfortunately the IP lock pin makes it through the pulley, but appears a tad too fat to make it into the hole in the IP bracket (pump and bracket are aligned, IP hasnt been tilted over, though i might as plug 6 is still needing inserted)..theres not much in it so i'll emery cloth it down a bit....inserted a piece of thinner bar I cut off a 1/2" drive bar, but its too thin to hold the IP locked out at the yellow timing mark on the pulley.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Also just noticed the rear cam pulley has a slot/key and a notch on the outer rim, like the IP pulley, cant recall anything on the rear cam nose that requires lined up, aside from the cam itself being locked off horizontally with tool 5190 or equivalent, I'll need to take another look at that when i'm next out...

To do the crank locking i'm using an adapted lock tool from Skandix, its like Volvo 5187 aside from it's got a straight handle, so out the box you cant lock it against the fan housing, I drilled a couple of holes in it, got a bit 10mm mild steel and cut some spacer plates for it, to lock up, hoping it works as planned as the dreaded crank bolt during strip down, didnt test it, as was found to have about15ftlbs or less on it, i was ready with a huge breaker bar and a section of scaffold pole lol...anyway glad I found potential disaster!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

So weather permitting it should be running very soon (famous last words!!)

Cheers.