View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:24 PM

right, progress report...

today, this happened:

before this, i sorted all the wires for the engine. used the wires from the old engine loom as, with the exception of the glow plug and over-boost warnings, who's wires are used for something to do with the ignition ECU, they're all there and used for the same thing already so this means only two wires need changing behind the dash, and they already go to the drivers footwell. convenient

then i realised i'd forgotten my soldering iron :| then i realised that the farmers dog had eaten my sandwiches :| then it started snowing so i didnt fancy going outside to drop the diff and fuel tank from the 940. instead the engine went in, the mounts all connected, gear linkage in and working, all engine wiring and plumbing is back in and connected, and the 940 washer bottle is in. i realised during this process that the gearbox crossmember is really very rotten, so a new one will need to be made or found in the near future. really isnt good at all! the brakes have been swapped back from the 740 crossmember, as has the rack.

the remaining updated list is:

- soldering
- swap fuel tanks, lines, exhaust, diff and prop
- replace all brake lines
- tighten rack end ball joints
- attach o/s trailing arm (was being a pain so i left it)
- re wrap loom, particularly my +12 that runs across the front (can be seen in the pictures) and ensure it's all secure and not able to wear on anything.
- sort wires for warning lights at clocks end
- remove fuel pump and ignition ECU wiring.
- bleed brakes and clutch
- test all electrics
- bleed injection system
- START!!!!!

also sold the 940 shell, and the V70 for £250 today so will have monies to buy some parts in the morning

thanks again for the comments. it was the forklift through the windscreen to lift it over the engine that i was expecting anger for, but yeah, all worked well!

it is a nice colour, and i really hope so! will look better with better alloys some day and shorter springs (i'm not sure what's available for the D24 cars though?), and all in one colour again would be nice!

already looking for a 740/early 760 TD dash, but for now will have to just see what the petrol rev counter comes out with :P hoping to get boost and pyro gauges in the top corners if i can find some that i can make fit too

yeah, i'll stick to looking in the UK, unfortunately these diesels aren't that common! thanks for the offer, also, thanks for the heads up about the 940 headlights! would probably have junked them not knowing that!

of course it has heated seats :P literally nothing else though, doesn't even have heated mirrors! no A/C is quite common over here though. i do wonder whether it actually is a tsorlanda which has had the decals removed perhaps, it's certainA/C is quite common over here though.

Richard