View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelovitch View Post
I just unstuck the needles ! YEAH ! i've heated up a bit and cooled down quickly in a glass of water 3 times and pulled the needle with a plier

BAM ! unstuck !

Tomorrow i will try to crank her up !

I cross all my 20 fingers
Great!

By needles I assume you are talking about the injector nozzles? You do not want to get those anywhere near water, any rust in them will really screw the pooch (there's another great English phrase to know ). There are tools available to clean them, but if they are not moving freely and sticking, they really should be replaced. New nozzles are only a few bucks each... but maybe you are meaning something different by needles.

Either way, yes, a sticking injector will certainly cause the issues you were seeing. The hard starting and "choking"/inability to rev up is a good sign of the injection pump getting air blasted into it somehow. This is similar to what I had happen on one of mine a while ago. A good test for this that I discovered then, and should have thought to suggest to you now had I remembered it sooner, is to crack the fuel fittings at the injectors open one by one with the engine running. If you find any that seem to push a bunch of foam and bubbles out all the time when running, then you have identified a stuck injector that is filling up with engine compression/exhaust, and those will cause serious runnability problems.

Advancing timing is a good idea too; do that and get the injectors sorted and it should run smooth and clean. Good luck!