View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 01:35 PM

Vehicle: 1984 245 D24 M46 (converting to D24T auto), 1982 244 (installing missing D24 and M46 from wagon)

Thanks--I've seen how friendly it is around here, and that helped me decide to dive into a decidedly-unpopular-in-the-Volvo-world vehicle (I've learned to just ask for the parts and not mention it's for a diesel if the parts are 240-generic...)

Yes I've seen a couple of Diesel 240s around town--one had the turbo and intercooler sticking out of the hood like a vintage musclecar lol (dark brown 245).

I checked in with Slobodan/Kevin when I first got the car, under the assumption that I would just do "a few quick things" before getting to the mechanical stuff, but when I discovered all the neglect on the interior wiring/etc, I decided to go deeper and fix things correctly. I can't stand trying to troubleshoot one problem when a bunch of other problems exist...

When I ordered the interior glow plug relay, volvo parts webstore asked for the VIN to make sure it was the right relay. I pick it up tonight and try it over the weekend, but it has the correct connector in the picture. I didn't know the switchover was mid-1984, I thought it was 1985 only, so thanks for the info.

I forgot to mention the air filter was non-existent in the car, and the filter box itself was a mess, so a brand new filter is also arriving today and going in the car over the weekend.

I haven't started the engine since January, so I hope it's still working!

Scott