Thread: D24 or D24T
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 1982 Volvo 240 GL
Default D24 or D24T

Hey, I recently had the opportunity to purchase a 1982 245 which is mostly a parts car because the interior is destroyed and majority of the body has rotted out (can nearly stick your feet through the floor). The wagon has a running D24 (280k miles) paired with a M46 transmission. It also came with a D24T which has been passed through 2 people before me and no one has really worked on it so its in unknown condition. Anyways, I am trying to resurrect my 1982 244 GL which currently doesn't run due to it sitting for a long time and I wanted to ask if should rebuilt the D24T and throw it into the 244. Are there any serious differences between the two engines (besides the turbo lol). I'm just sitting on 3 engines and seeking some advice on what I should do. The smartest solution would be swap in the running engine but I wonder what you guys think. Thanks. (Sorry kind of a random post I went from having a non running D24 in search for a lot of parts and now I have two additional engines haha.