View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

I need the set of foglamps and brackets... my gasser turbo conversion car is missing one side and a spare would be nice to have. Put me down for those and maybe the switch for them too, please. Thanks. :-)

I may need some small bits from your red interior as well... my favorite wagon has the same color combo as yours and many of the interior parts are broken on it. Unfortunately I think a lot of them are not exactly the same between your '84 and my '86... let me know when you are going to start taking it apart and I will see if anything will work.

Will be interested to see what your motor ends up in next... a 2WD Ranger would probably be a flier with a strong running D24T under the hood. Sure would beat the hell out of the old twin-plug gasser 2300 lump most of those came with anyway. Might make a pretty good little tow rig as well, for smaller stuff at least. Probably would do OK with a race car or an aircooled VW behind it...

Right now there is a mid '80s F250 with a big 354 Perkins turbo six swapped in, with a 5-speed.... kind of like a plus size version of what you are talking about. Always nice to see someone putting in a Perkins instead of a Cummins.... at least it is something different. All those Cummins guys have no imagination. :-P

I have to say it looks pretty neat, even to me...
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/2974275319.html

Sorry to take things off topic.