View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 02:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGNbQf33DXU

Here's what is going on with it. Before I was able to take the video, It ran for about 5-6 seconds and smoothed out to idle pretty well in that time, but now all I can get is this.

Note that the clicking/knocking noise after it stalls the second time was ME hitting the accelerator pedal, not anything with the car.

I can smell burnt diesel smell pretty bad in the garage whenever I try to do this, although I assume that's normal when you try to start a diesel engine.

The engine has 215,000 on it and was rebuilt around 115,000. It ran pretty much perfectly before I pulled into the garage for the belt job, except the cold start device was stuck so it is currently disconnected.

I set the IP timing to 0.97- maybe I did not do the IP timing correctly, but I'm pretty sure I did- aligned the notches on pump and pulley, set dial indicator to ~2mm, turned pulley back until indicator bottomed out, then turned clockwise to about .97 and tightened the rear sprocket down while counterholding with 5199 equivalent.